Friday, November 4, 2011

Courageous

Day Three of Count Your Blessings

Yesterday when TopDad came home from school (which is work) we sat on the couch and reviewed the day, enjoying a few moments of togetherness.  He asked what the dinner plans were as there was nothing visibly ready.  I told him that it was "clean out the fridge" night.  Then I said "I feel like going to a movie."  He said "Okay, what do you want to see?"  He is so easy!  We hurriedly got ready and left some hazy instructions with Dandylion and departed.  We drove over an hour to West Des Moines to the gigantic megaplex there (20 theaters) and saw Courageous.  Which brings me to my Day Three Gratitude - I'm so grateful for 1) people who produce films as fine as this one; 2) a righteous husband who has overcome much (alcoholic father, broken home, single mother, high school drop out, divorce, etc.) to become a loving husband and good father; and 3) The Family, A Proclamation to the World, which gives us eternal truths relative to families, marriage, parental responsibilities and such.  What a huge blessing to have this document and know the word of the Lord concerning these things.

I highly recommend Courageous as a film to see.  It is well done, a tear jerker, and has a rousing finish.  We both liked it.  And it is the reason I didn't post yesterday; we got home late in the evening and I was too tired to stay up and try to write.  5:30 AM comes really early and I never feel like I've slept long enough.

So, what you thankful for today?

Read The Proclamation here

No comments:

Post a Comment