Wednesday, March 17, 2021

What I Read in February

I continued in hibernation mode during February and was able to read twelve books.

1. A Cup of Comfort, Ed. Colleen Sell - I think this was the first of the series. I buy them at thrift stores and find them interesting and uplifting.
2. All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot - A re-read as I was watching the new series on PBS.
3. All Thinks Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot - second in the series (By the way, while the PBS series is entertaining, it is not really faithful to the books which are much richer in character and animal stories.)
4. Attitude is Everything by Keith Harrell - A fantastic book that opened my eyes to some news ideas.
5. Love Your Life by Sophie Kinsella - latest stand alone book from Sophie, one of my favorite authors.
6. Everyday Millionaires by Chris Hogan - Report of a survey of over 10,000 millionaires, totally interesting.
7. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - I'm reading the whole series this year; wonderful book and I'd forgotten so much!
8. behind the beautiful forevers (sic) by Katherine Boo - fascinating and heart wrenching documentation of life in a Mumbai slum.
9. My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinella - another really good book.
10. Insights from a Prophet's Life by Sheri Dew - Wonderful book about Pres. Russell M. Nelson
11. The Little Cottage on the Hill by Emma Davies - I picked this up at a thrift store for some light reading, and yep, it was very light.
12. Veterans Way by Robin Lee Hatcher - Another thrift store book, enjoyable story about reuniting of high school sweethearts after fifty years.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment