Saturday, September 4, 2021

I relaxed in August

I continued to read two non-fiction books during August but I didn't finish either one, still working on them. Between the oppressive heat and humidity, the discouraging national and world political degeneration, and just plain tiredness I read a lot of old friends to lift my spirits. I was also sewing pieces for my daughter's school wardrobe. More to come about that.

1. My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - This is a truly fun book about a young women trying to get back at a former boss and learning the realities of life and relationships.

2. The Talented Mr. Varg by Alexander McCall Smith - Second in the series; another witty book about a Swedish detective.  (The only new book I read this month)

3. A Common Life by Jan Karon - The story of Father Tim's wedding to Cynthia. Sweet, romantic, funny and enriching.

4-8. Little House in the Big Woods, Little House on the Prairie, On the Banks of Plum Creek, By the Shore of Silver Lake, The Long Winter - Laura Ingalls Wilder - I read these for inspiration and encouragement, and to remember. I love pioneer stories!

9. Persuasion: A Latter day Tale by Rebecca H. Jamison - A modern LDS retelling of Jane Austen's novel Persuasion. It is my favorite of hers because it is about second chances, something we all need.

That's it for August. 

1 comment:

  1. I finally started reading again.Just so busy that I forgot how much I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete