Monday, September 13, 2021

New Dress

 



This pretty aqua linen is a piece I've had in my stash for a very long time. It was lovely to work with and although there wasn't enough to make it longer, I think it turned out quite nice. The sash is a piece of batik from four years ago that I saw in a store and fell in love with. 

I made a muslin to check the fit and got most of it right; I forgot to bring in the neckline on the final piece (note to self: write it all down!).  I'd like to make this again in a winter flannel (cotton) with a fun plaid sash and long sleeves. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress and I am glad it is not longer, she is too young to look dowdy. That color is beautiful on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the color is beautiful, and the length looks fine.

    ReplyDelete