Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Banishing the Darkness - More Christ in Christmas

My Christmas ABC's

L is for light. Jesus said, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12 KJV)

Celebrating a birthday in the midst of winter means that lights are all the more important. Most everyone enjoys seeing the bright, colorful displays of lights that appear during this season. Here in Minnesota it gets dark by 4:30 and lights are especially welcome.

Jesus Christ is the bright light that guides us through life as the darkness of evil deepens. The Psalmist wrote, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105 KJV) 

Take time to read Jesus's words and appreciate His light as you enjoy the twinkly lights of Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment