Thursday, December 21, 2023

Together - More Christ in Christmas

My Christmas ABC's

U is for unity. Jesus said, "Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. . . . Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, are in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: . . . And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one." (John 17:11, 20-22 KJV)

Jesus prayed that we would be of one heart and one mind, as He and His Father are. An old African proverb say, "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." Heaven seems far away and to get there we need each other, but we can't be bickering and fussing at each other along the way. We must be kind, merciful, and persuasive, rather than harsh, demanding, and controlling. Studying the life of Jesus, what He said and did, will help us to become of one heart and mind because we'll know His heart and mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment