Thursday, December 14, 2023

Close By - More Christ in Christmas

My Christmas ABC's

N is for near - From the prophet Zechariah, "Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the Lord of host, and I will turn unto you, saith the Lord of hosts." (Zechariah 1:3 KJV)
From James in the New Testament, "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you." (James 4:8 KJV)
From Jesus, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." (Doctrine and Covenants 88:63)

Jesus is close by, steadfast and not moving. It is I who moves away. When I move towards Jesus He is closer and I can feel Him and His influence. Let's not get so caught up in the frenzy of the holidays that we move away from the reason for this season. Stay close to Jesus and He'll stay close to you.

Nativity on Temple Square, Salt Lake City, UT


No comments:

Post a Comment