Saturday, December 9, 2023

He's Waiting - More Christ in Christmas

My Christmas ABC's
 
I is for invitation - Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20 KJV)

A remarkable thing about Jesus Christ is that He doesn't force Himself on anyone. He invites us to follow Him, but never forces.

Accepting His invitation can bring peace into our lives as we realize what is most important, especially in this season that seems to have been taken over by crass materialism: family, friends, neighbors. People matter more than things. Relationships matter more than status. Character matters more than money. Memories matter than possessions. These are the things we take with us when we leave this mortal existence: relationships, our character, our knowledge, and memories.

Invite Jesus into your heart and home for the kind of peace that the world cannot give.




No comments:

Post a Comment