Monday, January 28, 2013

Downsizing, Minimizing, De-Cluttering, De-Junking, etc.

So far this month I've gotten rid of 145 things. Actually it's more than that, but I didn't list every single piece of paper, and I didn't list every pair of socks and each t-shirt I cut up for rags. But I feel good about getting rid of those things, and without looking at the list, I can't even remember what they all were. That's how excess they were.

Of course, there are still a million (not much of an exaggeration) to go. And this exercise is like peeling a huge onion, finishing a layer simply reveals another. However, having been through my sister's and then my mother's death, I'm determined not to leave my children a mess to go through. I can just hear the laughs and sighs and the complete bewilderment: "Why did she save this?"

I'll just press forward and make weekly trips to the thrift store to donate all the usable stuff for someone else to buy and enjoy. I'm tired of feeling confined by my clutter. I truly want to feel free and light. It's not easy to overcome "keeper" habits. If you know of any good sites that encourage and applaud, please share them.

1 comment:

  1. Unquestionablу imagine that that you stated.

    Υouг fаvorite reaѕon ѕeemed to be at the intеrnet the
    eaѕіest thing to rеmember of. Ι
    say to you, I definitely gеt irked while other people think abоut concеrns
    that theу just do not recognise abοut.

    You managed to hit the nail upon the top аs neatlу аs оutlineԁ out the wholе thing with no need ѕide еffеct
    , folks could take a signal. Will ρrobably be again tο
    get more. Thanks

    Feel frеe to suгf to my web-ѕite; http://www.thedryking.com/
    Also see my site - www.thedryking.com

    ReplyDelete