Monday, December 30, 2013

"It's Never How You Play it in Your Mind."

I had wonderful visions of Christmas day. We had wonderful plans. But!
I woke up with vertigo so bad I couldn't open my eyes and I couldn't stop throwing up.
So much for a wonderful day.
When I began shaking uncontrollably TopDad called 911 and a dozen men from our volunteer fire department showed up. The man who took care of me turned out to the be father of a dear friend of our son JET. I love small towns. He was so tender and compassionate. I spent the afternoon at the hospital with an IV replacing fluids and stopping the vomiting.

Today is my birthday and I skyped with Noble and talked with PW on the phone. My dad called me and I got a gorgeous bouquet from my bestest friend who currently lives in NJ. She and I met in 1993 in WA and have both moved a lot since then, but continue our friendship through email, letters, phone calls, etc. She and I are those kindred spirits that Anne Shirley talks about.

I truly hope your Christmas Day was better than mine! See you in the New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas at the hospital . . . definitely not much fun. (We had our own trip to the ER Christmas night, so perhaps that was just the "in" thing to do this year, though!). I'm glad you're feeling better. Happy new year, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar experience not long after I got married. I had a really bad middle ear infection that caused my vertigo and then nausea and vomiting. I hope you are feeling better now.

    Happy belated birthday!

    Also, I wanted to tell you that we are expecting a new addition to our family this coming July. I am 11 weeks along. I have been so completely sick that I haven't been able to function normally. Luckily, Jared had a huge chunk of time off over Christmas and has been a huge help.

    Here's to a wonderful 2014 year!

    ReplyDelete