Thursday, May 8, 2014

More Miscellany

Saturday was our community wide yard sale; we participated both with a "stuff" sale and a bake sale fundraiser for Dr. Hair's (I think he needs a new name) brand new high school film club. They made more than I did. How did that happen? But I cleaned out a bunch of stuff, and took the leftovers to the thrift store on Monday, restoring our living room to a useful state. Friday I baked from 9 AM to 9 PM making 5 loaves of white bread, 2 each of banana, pumpkin and poppy seed loaves, a double batch of brownies (from scratch) and a big batch of ginger snaps. The house smelled wonderful! All that didn't sell was brought back inside to fill up the hollow legs around here and give me a week's break from baking.

Sunday we had a wonderful women's meeting at church that helped to unify us and inspire us to do more in strengthening each other and building the Kingdom.

This week I've caught up on lots of things around the house. I had to take time to clean out the drain for the laundry sink, it was clogged and draining slowly. TopDad was too busy to help so I did it all by myself; well with the help of a bottle of drain cleaner, but I did take everything apart and put it back together. Now all the laundry is caught up, you know, sheets and towels and such. The regular stuff goes on forever.

Wednesday I wrote letters and took care of some Relief Society business (church women's group, I'm president). I attended the high school honors night where Dr. Hair and Dandylion both received awards. Both in speech and Dandylion lettered in Academics, he has maintained a 4.0 GPA for at least three consecutive semesters. I know many of the seniors because they are Dr. Hair's friends so it was fun to see them. The art department has their annual art show in the cafeteria so we get to see the student projects. This art teacher is fabulous! Having lived here for four years now, I wish I'd grown up in a small town where the students get so many opportunities to explore and try things. Our youngest sons have really done well here.

Our weather is hot, cool and in between. Last night we had thunderstorms and hail. Today began clear, but clouds have moved in and "tut, tut, it looks like rain." The grass is Irish green, the trees are leafed out and my big lilac bush is in bloom smelling like heaven. I spent some time outside yesterday morning digging out dandelions from the lily of the valley patch on the north-east side of the house. I hope they bloom this year as I love that fragrance too.

 So, how has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment