Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Tuesday's Treasures on Wednesday

A trip to the thrift store today and I scored big time!

Pieces in this pattern are in my mother's kitchen - I decided not to wait to inherit and have looked for this pattern
every time I go to a thrift store or yard sale.  Today I scored this beautiful three bowl set, totally worth the wait!

A couple more books for me, and two girl's classics for a young friend of mine.

An unused copy of a classic -- it will be a gift.

Three fun baby books. Sandra Boynton is a favorite of mine.

The table runner I bought for the delicious looking apple fabric.  Some colorful cloth napkins.

A spring daffodil, two linen towels, and a yellow embroidered napkin.

Christmas napkins, two each of three motifs, hand appliquéd.

Detail of applique.

Lovely cross-stitched linen tablecloth.
Detail of cross-stitching.

Christmas fabric for more gift bags!

Wonderful pieces of fine wale corduroy. Just right for children's clothing.
 Lastly, I took my two sewing machines in today for servicing. While I'm without them I plan to prepare a few things to sew. (Actually, I'm going to attempt a little bit of mass production so I can stock an Etsy store with things to sell. Watch for the announcement of an opening soon!)

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful set of Hall "Autumn Leaf" bowls to remind you of your dear mother. It's so fun to see all of your wonderful finds! I'm looking forward to seeing your Etsy store when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete