Monday, December 11, 2017

Another Reason . . .

. . . that it's nice to have a sewing machine and know how to use it.

Can you see what's wrong with these pillowcases?


That's right, the pattern on the left one is upside down. When fabric has a one way design the pillowcases need to be sewn opposite to each other. In cheap, mass production that step is neglected.  So, PFCMom to the rescue.


Much better! (All I did was use a seam ripper to open the case up, then I re-sewed it back together the correct way.) Now the bed is ready for Lt. Lehi and his sweet wife, who I now have a name for: Miss Pasta.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I've been tweaking pillow covers recently too! I'll share on my blog sometime what I'm doing, but basically changing King size pillow covers to standard size in the quickest way possible 😍
    I live that the direction bothers you. I bought stopped flannel sheets one year and the stripes went horizontally across the bed rather than head to toe. I hated them!!!!

    ReplyDelete