Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday's Frugal Roundup



Okay, so there's not much frugal about Legos, unless you get them at a thrift store or yard sale, but they are sure fun. This is the set "Santa" gave me for Christmas this year. I thoroughly enjoyed putting it all together and can fully understand why our boys love them so much, even as adults.

On to the roundup--

  • I stuck to my menu plan, including a "clean out the fridge" dinner. 
  • I used thrifted wrapping paper for Lt. Lehi and Jellybean's birthday presents.
  • Used cold water for laundry
  • Made lunches each day for TopDad and Mr. Movie
  • Took a snack and water with me for my day of errands and shopping
  • Stuck to my shopping list, except for a couple of unadvertised deals on stock up items, such as Potatoes 5 lbs. $.99; eggs $.50/dozen; 
  • Enjoyed glorious sunrises and sunsets
  • Enjoyed seeing the full moon veiled by misty clouds
It doesn't look like much, but every bit adds up over time.

Thrifted gift wrap

What have you done to save money or not spend this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment