Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Thanksgiving

 We had a quiet Thanksgiving with just three of our children, and one girlfriend here for dinner. I put the hot foods on the side board, and the cold foods on the table.



All of it was delicious and there was PLENTY! I'm still cooking for an army on Thanksgiving and am not sure how to cut down. Maybe next year there will be more of us, as our oldest son has moved his family to a city just two hours from us.

On Saturday Noble, Mr. Movie and I went on a hike at a nearby state park. The day was warmish (43 degrees) and mostly sunny. It felt so good to get outside and stretch my legs and get some fresh air into my lungs. 

PfcMom

Oopsie! The footbridge was out of commission--another was just up the trail a bit.

Ice on the Des Moines river

More Des Moines river

The woods

The prairie

The hike was a good measurement of how far I've recovered from "the plague". I got up the hills by taking short breathers and I felt strong! The whole weekend was good. I'm grateful the weather was so nice.

1 comment: