Thursday, June 3, 2021

What I Read in May

My reading has slowed down; I'm busier doing other things, and I'm reading long non-fiction works that I choose to digest more deliberately. Here's what I read or finished in May

1. Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery
2. Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery
3. Irish Meadows by Susan Anne Mason
4. Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris by Paul Gallico
5. The More of Less by Joshua Becker
6. The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker
7. fault lines - The Social Justice Movement and Evangelicalism's Looming Crisis by Voddie T. Baucham Jr.

When I read Anne's House of Dreams I realized that I'd never read that book before. Anne is now married and Gilbert is working as a doctor. 

Irish Meadows is the first book of the trilogy. I read the second in April, which was good enough to be a stand alone. Interesting look at the lives of Irish immigrants in the New York City area and Long Island in the first decades of the twentieth century.

The delightful book about Mrs. 'Arris by Paul Gallico was made into a film in 1992 starring Angela Lansbury and featuring Omar Sharif. It was as delightful as the book. I see that a new version is in post-production for release next year.

I read the two books by Joshua Becker to see if I could glean anything new from them. While I'm not a minimalist, I do like to stay on top of decluttering. Both are good reads.

The last book was purchased after hearing an interview with Dr. Baucham on the radio in the car. I was so impressed with what he had to say that I had to get the book to read more. I'm so glad I did. If you're concerned at all about what's happening in the USA with the social justice movement I recommend reading this book! 


2 comments:

  1. I loved all the Anne books and read them over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the Anne books and read them over and over! read more

    ReplyDelete