Friday, December 22, 2023

Grow Through Jesus - More Christ in Christmas

My Christmas ABC's

V is for vine. Jesus said, "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. . . . I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15:1, 5 KJV)

Paul echoed this teaching when writing to the Philippians, "I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me." (Philippians 4:13 KJV)

In modern language we would probably say something like "Plug into Christ for strength." Which is what we need to do each day: study, pray, act. S.P.A. Essential for eternal beauty! 

Jesus gives us the strength to grow through the adversities we face in life. He gives us the comfort to endure the trials we face. He gives us the wisdom and grace to help others through their trials. He also gives us joy as we celebrate successes. He gives us peace as we weather the storms of the world around us.

Don't cut yourself off from the true vine. Be sure you are firmly grafted in and enjoying daily nourishment.





No comments:

Post a Comment