Sunday, December 24, 2023

Side By Side - More Christ in Christmas

My Christmas ABC's

Y is for yoke. Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

From a church leader, who is South Korean, "My wife says that our marriage yokes us together, and because of that she can do things she couldn't do before. For example, ever since she was young, she has had a hard time going out in the dark, but it is not hard anymore because I go with her. She is short and cannot reach to the high shelves unless she uses a chair or ladder, but I can reach the things from high shelves for her because I am taller than her. Taking our Savior's yoke upon us is like that. As we yoke ourselves to Him, we can do things we couldn't do on our own because He can do the things we cannot do for ourselves." (Elder Choi YoonHwan, General Conference, October 2023)

Another church leader said, "Making and keeping sacred covenants yokes us to and with the Lord Jesus Christ. In essence, the Savior is beckoning us to rely upon and pull together with Him, even though our best efforts are not equal to and cannot be compared with His. As we trust in and pull our load with Him during the journey of mortality, truly His yoke is easy and His burden is light." (Elder David A. Bednar, General Conference, April 2014)

What a wonderful gift offered to us, to be yoked with a divine strength who can make up for all our weaknesses. I know that in my life His yoke truly is easy, and His burden truly is light.



No comments:

Post a Comment