Friday, February 11, 2011

Name Change - It's who I am, really!

When my daughter, Noble, helped me start this blog, sort of on the spur of the moment, I couldn't think of a catchy title so went with "The Happy Homemaker."  Then the other day I was musing on what I want to accomplish with this blog and decided that I would go back to my roots, so to speak. 

I married a US Marine almost twenty-three years ago.  When we met he was the senior instructor at a formal school at Camp Pendleton.  Occastionally I'd visit him at the school and he'd introduce everybody to me as Sgt. Smith, LCpl. Jones, Pfc. Hamilton, and so forth.  I was just plain Rozy.  I felt rather naked without a title so I decided to be Pfc. Wilson.  In my case the Pfc (Private First Class) stood for Pretty, friendly, civilian.  I thought it was fairly appropriate.  Anyway, the appellation stuck and after we married and had children I became Pfc Mom.  My husband is known as TopDad, Top being the nickname for a Master Sergeant in the Corps.

So there you have it.  Pfc Mom!  We can even change what the pfc stands for--practical, frugal, clean; or persistent, fanatic, clever; of course there are days when I'm petulant for candy; but who's counting.  If you have something fun to share, please do so.  I'd love to hear it!

One last thing:  The name Rozy Lass is because I'm one fourth Scottish genetically, much more than that in reality.  Seriously, I'm redheaded, I love bagpipe music, tartan (plaid) and shortbread.  I've been to Scotland once and am promised another trip by my husband, who also loves Scotland, having served for two years there in the Marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment