Monday, February 10, 2014

Lessons from Pain

Have you ever grown your hair out? You know, from short layers to long all one length. It's a painful process of ugly, bad hair days and VERY bad hair days. I'm attempting it right now and the process tries my patience. I'm tempted to trim it or cut it to make it easier, but cutting hair doesn't help it grow faster or longer. I just have to go through the ugly stages, using bobby pins, gel and hairspray (otherwise known as glue) to get to the desired length. It's an emotionally painful process. Just ask my husband.

So what's the lesson here? Getting out of debt is sort of like growing out your hair. There will be bad days of making do, and very bad days of doing without, but you can't spend your way out of debt. You just have to go through (not around) the pain to get to the other side. But the other side is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment