Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ouch!

After breakfast we heard a really weird grinding noise and couldn't figure out what it was. The guys all went off to school and I was just getting into the shower when I got a call from PW telling me about the break-in to his truck last night. Poor guy, he filed a report with the police, but there's no hope of getting anything back or catching the perp; and he called the insurance but they won't pay for replacing anything since it was just loose personal stuff. Okay, I got off the phone and felt really cold so I checked the thermostat and it read 62. What? No heat! A quick call to TopDad and he said try turning the switch on the heater off and back on again, bye I have to get to class. Down into the basement and I found the switch and turned it off, and then back on again. The burner started up and I thought all is well. Went back upstairs and got a Skype call from Noble. I love my chuns, but sometimes I don't get anything done because of them! So what else is new? Anyway. After I got off with her, I got permission from the holder of the purse strings to call for someone to come out. I took a quick shower, then called and was able to get someone out here in short order.

Well, it wasn't the blower that pushes the hot air up through the vents; it was the other fan motor, the one that moves the heat from the burner to the heat exchanger. Learn something new everyday. So I have heat again, and I guess that's a nice Valentines present. Darn, I was hoping for something I could wear.

What else can go wrong today?

1 comment:

  1. Our heater went out over the weekend, husbands computer is broke and our hot water heater went out today, thankfully the heater and water heater are already fixed.

    ReplyDelete