Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday's Frugal Roundup

Weather here has been much better and almost all of the snow is melted away; there's just a little bit on the north side of the house where the sun doesn't shine much.

This week's frugal roundup isn't extensive; some things are just so habitual I forget to write them down. But I did manage a few good frugal practices this week.

Purchased the DVD Jumanji with a $10 loyalty coupon at Shopko.

Made my own condensed cream of mushroom soup to use in Porcupines in Beef and Mushroom Sauce. (Next time I'll just do plain meatballs, but the sauce was very good.)

Made a large pot of Taco Soup and froze three containers for future use.


I ate supper leftovers for lunches all week. (Various meals)

Made a summer nightgown for myself from a $5 sheet purchased at a thrift store. (I'll blog about that next week.)

Purchased books at AbeBooks.com for a fraction of new.

Today I discovered some tulips growing in the yard, in a weird spot to say the least, but I can transplant them to a more suitable spot. I was hoping I'd find some remnants of a garden or bulbs or something.


What frugal, thrifty or provident things did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment