Monday, April 16, 2018

Frugal Round Up

I could keep posting pictures of our weekly snowstorms, but that's just boring. I'm not sure what the date is; the calendar says April 16, but the weather and landscape say "February 75th".

I kept a list of all (or most) of the frugal things I did last week so I could at least feel that I was making progress.

In no particular order:

Combined errands on one day: bank, store, P.O., etc.

Used the end of the pot roast, and rinsed out a finished salsa bottle to simmer in the crock pot to make beef burritos.

Made cards from card stock and pages from last year's Sandra Boynton's page a day calendar.

Took drinks (water for me, Cokes for TopDad) with us on our trip to the Twin Cities.

Stuck to my menu plan.

Stuck to my grocery shopping list. Took my own bags for $.05 off each bag.

While the temperature was well above freezing I turned off the space heater on the enclosed porch where Calico the Cat lives. (I had to turn it back on when the temps dropped.)

I didn't renew my Amazon Prime.

We didn't renew our Sam's Club membership because we don't use it often enough to justify the cost.

Added leftover canned corn to a pot of chili. (Yummy!)

Since the New Year I have attempted to get into a good weekly routine but even with all our children gone there seem to be plenty of interruptions that get me off schedule. I'll keep trying!

What have you done lately to use resources wisely, save money or otherwise be frugal, thrifty, and provident?

No comments:

Post a Comment