Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday's Frugal Roundup

First, my Thrifty Thimble and Thread as promised last week:

Neckline

Hem

Pocket

My new nighty!
This sweet nighty was made from a $5 sheet purchased at a thrift store and a small square of purple paisley quilt cotton from my stash. The sheet is pure cotton with that lovely lavender trim. Just right for summer romance. No one can convince me that making my own clothes is more expensive. Look at these pretties, and their prices!

Other items of frugality include using up leftovers for lunches and second meals to avoid waste. I've had to work harder at this as there are no longer any hollow legs (aka sons) living with us.

I combined errands and used lists to complete all my shopping in one afternoon.

I took my lunch and water with me on above trip.

I turned off the heater this week as the temps have warmed enough to not need it. Of course, then we had two overcast days in a row so I turned it back on for one evening to take the chill off the house, and then it was back off. Today has been sunny!

What have you done to be frugal, thrifty or provident this week?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rozy, I just love this kind of dress. You know there are more comfortable to wear and It makes my sleeping sound. Though I always preferred flannel nightgowns and now I already wear this dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy! Thanks for stopping by. I admit, flannel is my preference in the winter too, along with wool socks, and sometimes even a hoodie! It gets cold up here in MN.

      Delete