Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Tuesday's Treasures & Wednesday's Wisdom

I combined all my errands and shopping yesterday and came home too tired to photograph and post my treasures, so here they are on Wednesday.

I've been attempting to fill my home with flowers. The long, dark winter was difficult to bear and Spring hasn't come soon enough so I'm buying flowers and brightening up my rooms. I wanted a blue arrangement for my soon to be blue and white dining room. I found this pretty vase at a new to me thrift store for $2.00. When I got to the check out counter the woman said "That'll be a dollar." Turns out it was half-price Tuesday! Score!!


My skill at flower arranging needs educating, but I did the best I could. It sure brightens up the room.


This Pfaltzgraff platter was another score at $4.50. I love the pale blue.


And this half-pint Mason jar was just $.50


Salt and pepper shakers in blue and white for $1 each.


Four pale blue with colorful flowers cocktail napkins, $.50 each, and a gold linen dish towel for $.25.


Royal blue travel toiletry bag from Lands' End for $1.00.



What's the wisdom in all this? Patience and perseverance are keys to finding thrift store treasures. Know what you want and don't settle. Do without and make do until you find the perfect thing.

1 comment: