Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wednesday's Wisdom

When you buy a house with an established garden, photograph the emerging plants so you'll remember where things are and you can plan to add or subtract accordingly.

Just read that . . . somewhere . . . maybe a blog post recently. Anyway. It's good advice and I went out this morning and took a few photos.

Ferns (and junk trees) on the south side of the house.

More junk that needs to be replaced

Tulips by the lamp post (which does not work) and shrubs infiltrated by junk trees that are all coming out!

These are such a bright color it doesn't photograph well with my little camera.

Volunteer junk tree at the foundation at back of the house.
You can see that Spring has sprung here in Minnesota. I was hoping for more flowers, but the tulips are all we got. Now I know what I need to plant in the fall. Along with the long term plans for the house, I have a ten year plan for the yard. I want to fill it with new shade trees, flowering shrubs, flower beds, and fruit trees. But before I can put in anything new, all the old has to be taken out and felling trees comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment