Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Last Rose of Summer

Timely Tuesday -

I felt impressed to take my camera with me on my walk yesterday. I know the wildflower season is waning and I hoped I could get some pictures. We had a lovely, and much needed rain from about 10 PM on Friday until about 3 PM on Saturday. All the plants just soaked it up and are looking so much better. This year's flowers are not near as nice as last year's but we had so little rain that I'm not surprised. Someday I'll learn all the names of these beauties.





Rose hips





Tall purple spike - I wish I had a better camera, I didn't want to wade out into the flora for fear of ticks.

These look like the ground cherries described by Laura Ingalls Wilder



Milk Weed pods


Here it is, the last rose of summer

Very fuzzy Morning Glory



My absolute favorite - What I've always thought was wild flax is actually Chicory!
Never too old to learn something new!


Such a gorgeous color!


Blue Grass Creek



No comments:

Post a Comment