Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Change is Constant

When we got home from seeing Noble at Air Force graduation I began making plans for the school year.  It was going to be the first time in twenty-two years for me to be home alone.  Wow!  Plans included walking daily, baking regularly, sewing, de-cluttering, working on long neglected projects, etc.  That all came to a screeching halt when I agreed to look after the neighbors two little boys.  Because my "baby" is thirteen our home and yard are not equipped for child care; no booster seats for the table, few toys, no fenced yard to play in, no playground equipment, and so on.  That made it difficult to "entertain" them and we struggled with balancing my needs to get things done with their needs to play.  All my good intentions and neglected projects were put on hold.  I found it stressful to face the day longing to get things done; things that I had put on hold for my own children for many years.

Last night our lives reversed directions.  The neighbor called with the news that she finally got the boys into a daycare facility that she's been on the waiting list for two years. Halleluia!

Of course there is the financial loss of that little bit of income, which was making our ends meet.  But there are other means to that end.  I made a long list of things I can make and sell.  But first I want to spend a day baking: bread, cookies, muffins, scones, whatever!  I want to turn on some music and dance around the room.  Walk to the library and not worry about little people making a ruckus.  Cut out and sew something new to wear.  Work on those long neglected projects!

There is nothing as constant as change.  Thank goodness.  When we're in a bad situation, just wait, it is not forever.  Patience and prayer accomplish miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment