Friday, October 21, 2011

Procrastination

I'm working on overcoming a life-long bad habit--procrastination.  This week I decided that I had put off washing the windows for long enough (a whole year!) and would do it.  Do you ever put off something that seems to be overwhelming and then when you buckle down and do it you wonder why?  We have these wonderful tilt-in windows that are so easy to clean!  It took just minutes, not hours.  And the difference in my outlook, literally! The world is a better place with clean windows.  Now I'm encouraged to tackle other seemingly onerous jobs.

This bad habit has been on my list of New Year's resolutions for the past couple of years; and while I make some progress each year it is difficult to overcome all at once.  Small changes are easier than big changes.

By the way, I'm asking Santa for a digital camera this year so I can SHOW as well as TELL with this blog.

Go ahead, brighten your day, wash a window or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment