Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Changed My Mind

Just a quick post about what I'm doing to lose weight. I know my problem is overeating and eating the wrong things so I say to myself all day long "No, I don't want that, I want to be slender more than I want to eat that." I've discovered that I have strongly ingrained habits of just picking up a cookie each time I walk by the cookie jar, or popping into my mouth whatever candy is laying around. (True Confessions here) So I'm consciously changing my mind habits so I can change my eating habits. The month of January will be about changing habits--then, I hope the rest of the year will be easier (is mortal life ever easy?).

My two new habits are:
1. Reprogramming my mind to eat or not eat consciously
2. Measuring portions at mealtimes

My goal is to change my mind so I can change my body. (And wear all the pretty clothes I have stashed away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment