Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Do you have a library card?

Day Twenty-three of Count Your Blessings

Before I met my husband I went out a couple of times with another guy, who upon seeing my floor to ceiling bookcase asked incredulously, "Have you read all those?" And when I answered "All, but a couple of them that I'm still working on," said something to the effect of "What a waste of time." I didn't go out with him again. When TopDad saw that same bookcase he said "Wow, you like to read too!" I married him.

Sometime last year, or was it the year before? anyway, Noble introduced me to a really fun book from a pile she'd gotten at the library and then decided she wasn't interested in.  By Hester Browne, it's called The Little Lady Agency. There are two sequels and two other completely separate novels by Hester. She is a delightful British author and her character Melissa/Honey is one of my favorites.

Feeling down this week because of the vile, overcast weather, I pulled The Little Lady Agency off the shelf and read it for the umpteenth time.  It never fails to please and lift my spirits. I highly recommend it, as well as all of Hester's other books.

I love to read! We as a family have more books than I can count. It's like a small library, built up over many years of homeschooling and to feed our love of reading.

Today I'm thankful for all the authors whose talent is so much greater than mine in putting down on paper great stories, as well as fantastic non-fiction information and education in a really accessible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment