Friday, November 4, 2011

How Much Does Stress Weigh?

I don't know about you, but I'm a stress eater.  Very bad for health.  I knew a woman a long time ago in Virginia who said "I eat three times a day, and my metabolism eats five times a day."  After age thirty-five I was lucky if my metabolism ate three times a week!  The only way I've found to jump start it and then keep it going is by walking briskly three to five miles EVERY DAY!  Well the every day is difficult enough without little children (and no stroller), but nigh impossible WITH.  And the stresses of life just add the wrong mix of hormones and eating.  Oh my!  I guess I use that as an excuse, but I ask you, what's a girl to do?  Watch for some major progress as my life settles down, stress is decreased and I'm free to do the best things to get healthy and fit.  And work on my long neglected projects.

I originally wrote this October 19, and then didn't post it and I can't remember why.  Well here it is.  My stress level is decreased somewhat, but I'm weak and undisciplined so haven't made so much progress.  TopDad and I have plans to help each other, but life keeps getting in the way.  Deep sigh.  Does anyone have wise counsel for us? What is the formula for success? What works as a motivation? How does one conquer self?  HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment