Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Day Ten of Count Your Blessings

Today is the 236th birthday of the United States Marine Corps.  Their motto is Semper Fideles - Always Faithful (for non-Latin readers).

I'm thankful for all the Marines (as well as soldiers, sailors and airmen) who serve day in and day out for less pay and more hazard than they deserve, without complaint, and with much pride and loyalty.  I'm especially thankful for my Marine who sometimes thinks he didn't do much.  But he was on call 24/7 for twenty-five and a half years, and served others without thought for himself.  Semper Fi, Topdad.

Topdad at Recruit Training Graduation (age 17)



Topdad on our Wedding Day (age 31)

Topdad at present (age 54)

Once a Marine, Always a Marine!  I love you!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh my dad is so HANDSOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos-- he looks so young in that first photo-- wow. Thanks for the nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete