Friday, November 18, 2011

Inspiration to get sewing again

I found another Blog that inspires me to get back to sewing for myself again.  I have tubs and tubs of fabric, boxes of pattern , notions galore, and time each day (that's the truly amazing part).  So, herewith is MY pledge:


I, Rozy Lass, take the Seamless pledge until June 25, 2012. I will abstain from buying any new retail clothes until the end of my pledge. I will find ways to be fashionably dressed without buying retail and without contributing to the cycle of fast fashion consuming the high street. I will utilize thrift shops and consignment stores locally and most importantly I will craft my own clothes with my own two hands from my extensive stash of fabric, patterns and notions. I will post pictures of my creations on this blog to share with others my successes. 


Here's the Pledge if you feel you'd like to join in. (There's a nice button that I wish I could add, but I'll be danged if I can figure out how to add it and make it work.  Noble will be home in a month and promises to teach me all these little tricks.  In the meantime, thanks for your patience!)


20 January 2012 Update
Noble came and went and we forgot to do the button while she was here. I pressed forward and finally figured out how to do it on my own. Yay, PFCMom. Check out the button on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment